Sunday, February 24, 2008

Last year I decided that 2008 would be the year to ride faster. The best way to ride faster? Commit to a race.

The BC Bike Race is a 7 day mountain bike stage race starting in Victoria and finishing in Whistler. This will be a challenge.

The training program provided on the race website calls for spending 15-20 hours a week on a bike. I'm hopeful that
spewing sharing cataloging here will make me more accountable to stick to the training regime. Because, perceived guilt and judgment by people I can't see should be motivating??

The best part of the current phase of the training program? "This is not the time of the year to make any moves to be lean, if anything over-eat."

Time for black bean nachos.
And I didn't go for a skate ski today...

1 comment:

ssportsman said...

I'm first! I'm first! I'm first!!

You are SO going to have a good time, and I will be so envious!!
keep us posted on the training