Saturday, March 8, 2008

Spring?

I am no longer content waiting for Spring and am to welcome Summer and say goodbye to cold toes. However, I finally purchased a good pair of leg warmers and nice cycling jacket after realizing I've been commuting year round in a temperate rainforest climate with a single pair of knee warmers and a 10 year old pair of tights.

Unsurprisingly, I have not kept to the training program provided on the BC Bike Race web site, although my minimum distance every day is 30 km due to my commute. Managed 65 km Wed night by skipping the spin session and riding for 2 hours in the dark. I learned that the flashing bike light I use for commuting is insufficient for highlighting road hazards. It's actually insufficient for anything but making the white stripe and yellow stripe on the road visible for 3 meters. Took some hard hits along Jericho Beach near UBC.

My normal desire to wake up, drink coffee and then get on the road bike was thwarted by an 8:30 am trip to the phyiso. Thankfully, the best part of the day was the afternoon and went for a nice 3 hour road ride with my teammate Kirsty.

I've been looking a purchasing a new road bike....I lust over the Orbea Diva. Thankfully when I went to Speed Theory bike shop this afternoon they helpfully told me that the Diva with full Durace is $4500. I still lust. But it will be unrequited.

2 comments:

ssportsman said...

mmmm orbea

(but the Diva is overpriced)

Just keep getting in your miles, if you need a better light, I have one that you can borrow...

EmC said...

Orbea Diva. drool. lust. drool. Check banking statement. Now, the Onyx looks pretty good.