Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Survival

Kirs n Em Bikes survived the BCBR and made our goal of finishing with an official result AND with smiles and friendship and bikes intact! It was a great challenge and some of the riding, especially in the last 4 days, was amazing. ... like the solid 15 km of descending to the Day 5 finish line on the Sunshine Coast.


Right now the race is still a blur and I'm nowhere near having processed all the events. The two weeks leading up to the race included taking on a new project at work, moving into my new condo, as well as having my grandmother and sister visit. Dear SS was here for the last 2 days of the race and then spent the weekend in Vancouver. All this equals not enough sleep the last 3 weeks and having a brain that is about 3 days behind the calendar date.

We finished in 8th place out of 14 women's teams in 42 hours 25 minutes and 57 seconds. Thrilled to have a mid-pack finish as there are some VERY fast women out there! No pictures to post as my camera fell out of my camelback on Day 5 :( I'll try to add a short write up of the days but really need a few nights of good sleep first!

1 comment:

ssportsman said...

You guys were awesome. I was very happy to support you, even if only for 1.5 stages..