Saturday, January 31, 2009

A great ride in San Fran

We left Bakers-hell behind us, started the journey back north, and spent a weekend in San Fran at my sister and BIL's. Scott had a biodiesel conference and I had a rented SUV with three bikes in the back. While SS was off being smart on Saturday I met a friend from undergrad days. Cyndi and I were in the same sorority pledge class at School of Mines. She's now living in California staying busy a smart attorney for Apple and it seems to really suit her. She's also started road biking! With a smile like this, she must be having a good time!
Cyndi has signed up for her first metric century and her 2009 goal is a full 100 mile ride. We had 38 miles of beautiful riding starting at the Golden Gate Bridge, winding around the back way to Tiburon and then back along the water to San Fran.
It was a stunning day!
She was still grinning as we made our way back into town at the end of the ride.
Thanks for the ride! I had a great time. Good luck with the metric century and let me know how your training and rides goes this year. BTW-- Vancouver in September? There's ocean kayaking a 40 minute road ride, or 15 min drive, from my condo.....

No comments: