Thursday, April 3, 2008

40 hours

So this is what a work/life balance is! That is assuming you're balancing only work life and cycling life :)

Work has slowed down for a little while and this will be a 40 hour work week with no evening or weekend emails, report editing or meeting preparation. This meant that Monday's (mostly) off day from training was just my normal commute and I still had time to mommy-ify the apartment and read a book at night. Tuesday was a 'high quality' commute with an extra 10 km tagged on and I still had time to vacumn the cats. OK, not really just the cat fur equivalent from the sofa cushions. Yesterday I took the long way into to work and got 30 km on the NEW road bike before making it to the office, rode another 40 km after work and even made it to a friend's 30th b-day party. Wow. There is a lot more time in the day when I leave the office before 6:30 pm!

There should be applications of this revalation to my nonexistent Vancouver dating life... but I have a suspicion that my bikes are a much more dependable source of joy and excitement than another round of bad first dates courtsey of match.ca.

No comments: