Saturday, April 26, 2008

It is lovely here in Vancouver.

Yeah. Sunshine and warm today. Everyone I saw on a bike today was smiling and friendly. Even the tri-geeks. Vancouver is like that; as soon as the sun comes out and it gets warm people get very happy. I still rode with knee warmers and jacket though. 100 kms today. Out to Whytecliff Park, around Stanley Park to UBC and then home. Wanted more. Life got in the way though. :(

Bike (isn't it lovely!?!)

Girl with Bike

The race is only a couple of months away! I alternate between thinking that we'll be fine and have no problems finishing the race. Then I have a shitty day on the bike and think that it's gonna be DNF from day 1. Good thing today wasn't a shitty day on the bike. So many riders out on the second nicest day of the year so far. 12 degrees C and light 15 kph winds.

At one point on the way to Whytecliff park a guy passes me and then the woman and other man riding with him come by. It was nice to take someone's wheel for a while as 95%+ of my riding is alone. Too bad they weren't faster and only had about 5 kms left in their ride. I do admit to being annoyed at getting passed, sitting on their wheel for a bit only to find myself going slower than I wanted on the next climb. It's like guys hate to have a woman in front of them..happens all the time on my commute. Wish I could be relaxed about it and laugh more!

Another thing I find myself doing is riding slower than I want because the people in front of me (who I've just caught up too) look fast. Nice legs, bike shorts/jerseys with logos and race teams. Did I catch up with them because I was drafting or are the actually slower or are they just between sets and having a short spin?

Final thought during riding today...if I ever manage to get a cycling boyfriend please please please kick me if I start wearing matching jerseys on rides! (However since the whole 'boyfriend' thing is just hypothetical right now....)

1 comment:

ssportsman said...

Note to self: no matching jerseys