Sunday, April 20, 2008

I didn't cycle this weekend

Bring on the castigation. The goal of the blog is to hold myself accountable for BCBR training and I didn't get on any of my four bikes this weekend. No excuse but laziness and maybe a little sloth.

April has been unusually cold. It snowed (again!!!) on Friday. There was still snow on the streets Saturday morning and the high was only 5 degrees C. A friend made an unexpected weekend stop in Vancouver after working in Whistler for the week so we did 'city things' and sat in a cozy pub having pints and conversation. There was no snow Sunday and we exceeded the forecast high of 5 degrees to an impressive 6 degrees. I'm tired of wearing neoprene booties, two layers of gloves, full length tights with knee warmers underneath. Call me a fair-weather rider.

Consolation was found in crepes with strawberries, bananas, bittersweet chocolate sauce and whip cream.

No comments: